7.30.2017

flea market - vintage section

I'm a huge fan of anything made from wood, but animals - they have a special place in my heart!

I am a life-long collector of things, I started going to flea markets at the age of 20 - so that's over 30 years of experience and it takes experience, I can tell because my husband is a bit of a greenhorn at it. He picks up things that I know are out there - it takes experience to find the things that are NOT out there, I call them treasures and I share them with you so you can also get some vintage finds without searching... just click here to view my vintage items. I bring my kids with me now that they are older because I think it's a bit of an education, it gives them meaning to all the things that have fallen to the way-side. And from time to time they pick something up and treasure it more then their cell phones - now THAT's worth it!
funny muslin viking

So while I don't really want to brag - I am going to claim bragging rights to say that I know what I'm doing out there, the only problem is you have to have a similar aesthetic as me to like it too! That's why flea marketing, antiquing, estate sale-ing is so fascinating. It's amazing to see what people go for! In the case of estate sales it's a bit sad and I do break out a tear from time to time to see people rifling through other peoples things - it's like vultures - but you have to realize that these things would go into the big garbage dump if this wasn't so interesting to us folks who care about it. And guess what, it all becomes a treasure to me... I clean them up, shine and bright, I fix any holes, and they have a new life - maybe it's even a better life than the old one, because now it's a treasure! I use all my old things, yes you might have to be more delicate but hey that teaches your kids an appreciation for things that they would not normally have.

new (old) 1970's sofa

We just got a new sofa from, probably the 1970's, it's amazing! But my kids want to crawl all over like they did with our durable Ligne Roset TOGO sofa (indestructible what we did to that thing!).  It's a way for me to draw the line and they know it's drawn.... This wonderful sofa that you love so much is as OLD AS ME so treat it nicely. It's amazing really the arm rest's pop-up in this ingenious way, they just don't make them like this anymore. I wish I know who to attribute it to, I couldn't find anything but I love it all the same! TREASURE...

vintage sterling silver

Lately, I have been looking for some nice vintage silver jewelry, I'm looking forward to my road trip where I am sure I will find some treasures along the way and no matter how packed my car is I am sure I can fit some jewerly in there at the VERY least. If you want to drive with me - shoot me an email... departing Denver on August 8th.

Shop our Vintage items here