9.08.2017

Matcha Latte Recipe

Here it is folks... I've had a few frantic texts requesting the recipe so here you go!


So yes, this is my new JAM as the young kids say (haha) - bye bye coffee... HELLO MATCHA! I've been telling you all for years about taking Astragalus for your immune system, but since I have been drinking Matcha instead of coffee in the morning there is no need! My allergies are at bay and I have no need for coffee. This is terrific! I also think it's good for our bodies to switch things up. I think it would be optimal to fast each month or so... but I never seem to get that done. In the mean time just drink this... it's super delicious!

I got my recipe from my niece while we were on our summer vacation in Colorado.  She made them for us every day so when I got home I ran out and got everything - I will say this, this stuff is NOT CHEAP but it's a big initial investment but it will have you set for a long while. I think it's also a good idea to mix things up a bit and come up with your own recipe. Mine is different every day so let's say it's a variation on the below recipe.

MATCHA LATTE
you will need a blender or vitamix - if you don't have a vitamix go out and get yourself one it will change your life!

ingredients
1 tbsp + hemp seeds - to make the milk
1 tsp + matcha (finely ground matcha green tea - it's basically a powder)
1/2 - 1 tsp morniga (again finely ground leaves) - immune booster
1/2 - 1 tsp ashwaganda - I love the SUN POTION brand - their website has all the benefits listed and they are many!
1/2-1 tsp collagen
my neice uses 1/2 a date I like a whole date
(she also adds cashew butter or something and I will do that if I am not going to have breakfast but if it's just a drink I leave that out)
1/4 - 1/2 tsp vanilla (just a few drops)
1/2 - 1 tsp cinnamon
filtered water
... I think that's it, however you can add anything!

take the hemp seeds and about +/-2 cups of water and blend those into a milk. It will get a bit warm and this is good to help mix in the tea. You can also make the whole thing warm/hot with hot water! (my sister likes it like that but it's too thick for me)
When you have your milk put in your other desired ingredients and blend for a while so that it gets warm and a tiny froth. I pour over a 2-3 ice cubes so that it's not too thick - I guess I like it watered down (I'm a weakling). When I drink it it's not cold but not hot either... healthy!

I can't wait to hear from everyone... tell me how MUCH you love this!